I have no doubt that you know what a massage is.
We are always asking our partners for a neck or back rub after a stressful say. You can literally feel it fall away with every hand movement.
Massage therapy has been around for thousands of years, dating back to ancient China to correct the flow of ‘Chi’ and help the body heal.
Where can it be found today, and what are the benefits?
It is now widespread throughout the world; you can find parlours and professional home massage therapists in millions of places.
The biggest reason boils down to the huge benefits it has on our health and wellbeing, and the feeling of euphoria it gives during and after.
Some of the most well-known benefits including:
- Reduces pain in the area being focused on
- Help improve movement in people with lower back pain
- Improves the immune system
- Lowers blood pressure, reduces stress and anxiety
- Improve muscle tone
- Create a feeling of well-being
Along with these more obvious benefits, massage therapy can also help the body in many other ways:
- Detoxify the body
- Improve intelligence
- Assist the healing of psychiatric problems
- Help with overcoming addictions
- Improve eczema in children
- To help facilitate growth
and that’s only the tip of the iceberg!
Send me the ebook on Natural Home Remedies for Common Ailments
Your Name (required)
Your Email (required)
Is there more than one kind of massage?
With the wide-spread acceptance of massage therapy, there have been different styles and applications that have been created to cater to any problem.
The five main schools of massage therapy are:
- Classical Massage
- Sports and Remedial Massage
- Deep Connective Tissue Massage
- Swedish Massage
- Trigger Point Therapy
Each of these has a specific application and is used to treat different problems, depending on the area of the body and reason for massage therapy.
This gives therapists a large client base, from young babies to the elderly, sports stars and other celebrities and everyone in between!
There’s such a huge demand for massage therapists all around the world. You can literally go anywhere and still find a job or two!
What’s the industry REALLY like?
Massage therapy is a great industry to build a business in!
Whether you want an intimate practice in your home or to run a parlour with 3 or 4 other therapists, there is a place for everyone to grow.
It can be such a rewarding job. There are so many perks to it that leave you loving your ‘job’ day in, day out:
- You get to help people of all ages feel good; physically and mentally
- Most of your clients will become regulars, seeing you often for a ‘tune up’ so there’s great profit and great friendships to be made
- The workplace is a relaxing and exciting environment to be a part of
- There is a massive client base to work with and market to
- You can work your way up to having A-list clients and meeting some of your idols
There are so many more benefits to this job, it would be impossible to tell you every single one.